Advertisement

homemade air deodorizer/ spray?

topic posted Fri, May 30, 2008 - 1:00 AM by  Shanna
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'm a teacher, and one of my parents suggested I make some kind of herbal room spray to help kill germs and prevent illness- I personally got sick way too many times this year. Any thoughts on ingredients to make something of this nature?
posted by:
Shanna
Honolulu
Advertisement
  • Re: homemade air deodorizer/ spray?

Tue, June 3, 2008 - 10:56 AM
    I just blogged the answer to your question yesterday...

Thieves Oil- What is it

Thieves Oil:
    Created from research about four thieves during the 15-century plague in England who used cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics to protect themselves while robbing plague victims. Thieves is a proprietary blend of pure essential oils tested at Weber State University for its potent antimicrobial properties. It was found to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria.

THE THIEVES OIL BLEND IS A NATURAL ANTIVIRAL, antiseptic, antibacterial, bug repellent and more.

Here are some of it's uses:

~Rub on your hands & fingers to kill germs
    ~Diffuse into the air to kill airborne germs, viruses & mildew in half hour or less intravals
    ~One drop on a bug bite will stop the itching and speed up healing
    ~A few drops in a light scentless carrier oil makes an effective insect repellent.
    ~Freshen breath with 1 or 2 drops in your mouth or on your toothbrush- have water handy for rinsing.
    ~A dab on a wound or pimple to aid in healing.
    ~A few drops on a handkerchief around your neck can aid your immune system in kicking a bug before you fully catch it.
    ~Breathing steaming water with a few drops in it aids in kicking a bug early.
    ~For those with a masochistic side (only): 1 or 2 drops rubbed into your pits kills body odor.
    ~Use as cologne, it smells delicious! Cinnamon is an aphrodisiac!

Here's more info on the beneficial properties of each essential oil in the blend:

Cinnamon Bark Oil – warm spicy and invigorating
    www.aromatherapy-essential-oils.ws/ar...tml

Clove Oil – a natural pain reliever
    www.aromatherapy-essential-oils.ws/ar...tml

Lemon Oil – Stimulating and soothing www.aromatherapy-essential-oils.ws/ar...tml

Rosemary – warm and stimulating
    www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail51.php

Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil – antibacterial & astringent
    www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail23.php

www.myspace.com/crystalforestfriend

Thu, June 5, 2008 - 12:57 PM
      I always forget about thieves!!I had a massage therapist who gave me some and recommended it for the classroom. I'll have to look for it here and on my mainland travels this summer. Thanks

Thu, June 12, 2008 - 11:37 AM
    We used this concoction in my Massage class to disinfect tables:

Diffused in a large spray bottle:
    20 Drops Lavendar Essential Oil
    10 Drops each Lemon, Eucalyptus, Peppermint.

Eucalyptus is a very powerful disinfectant, but some people are severely allergic to it. I would also add Tea Tree to that but it will change the scent as with the original 4 ingrediants it smells wonderful.

Play around, I really like this mix, but there are thousands of different concoctions you can brew.

Have fun!

Mon, June 30, 2008 - 7:19 AM
      I would use essential oil of Ravensara (also called Ravintsara). It has strong anti-viral properties
      Ravensara is considered safe for use with children and great for family home care.

Mon, June 30, 2008 - 6:31 PM
        Thieves Oil for sure - yay for Uncle Harry's

also, GSE on surfaces and considerusing Melissa; very strong antiviral with a nice aromatherapeutic aspect of soothing,
        uplifiting and calming. Its a bit pricey but well worth it AND its a lovely aroma.

Also in agreement with Katrien about the Ravensara; contains a huge amount of terpine-type chemical compounds, hence
        its anti-viral strength yet its perfect safe to use around kids (and pets)

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
skin fungus kenneth 6 August 16, 2014
making lipstick Soooz: biker... 23 May 2, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 April 2, 2014
how to add MSM to creams and such?... Jacklyn 17 March 11, 2014