there's a strong smarting effect for a moment
then the eyes clear
and feel very good after each use
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: natural eye drops

Sun, July 1, 2007 - 3:54 PM
    I spray a little rose water in my eyes open face. It relieves itchy, allergic feeling eyes and smells good, too.

Tue, July 10, 2007 - 12:14 PM
      I'm not so sure that vinegar, even diluted, is good for your eyes. And you want anything you put in your eyes to be sterile. Plain saline solution is isotonic, and safe for everyone.
      • Unsu...

Re: natural eye drops

Tue, July 10, 2007 - 12:53 PM

i can understand why some people would think that
        i certainly did
        then i tried it
        and i like the natural eye drops
        they are working well
        better than any commercial solution
        i have ever purchased

i would not drink commercial eye drops
        but i would drink vinegar
        (and have consumed it on many salads)

that's my acid test
        would i eat or drink it?

if the answer is yes,
        then it feels natural and safe to me

Mon, July 16, 2007 - 1:29 PM
          But... not everything that is safe and fine for your outside is good for your inside, and vice versa.
          For instance, I eat plenty of things that have mucho capsaicin (red pepper) in it, but I don't want that anywhere near my eyes or inhaled into my lungs...that'd be why Mace is effective, remember.
          Likewise, I consider Visine to be perfectly safe for my eyes, but it contains an ingredient that, when ingested even in very small doses, can cause headaches, diarrhea, seizures and coma.

I'm certainly glad it works for you, but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone...I'm pretty sure most of us would have issues with even very diluted vinegar near our eyes.

Incidentally, most eye washes I've seen are just distilled water, which can be purchased rather cheaply by the gallon and used with an eye wash cup...no need to add anything!

Fri, July 13, 2007 - 10:45 AM
        i liked the idea of spraying eyedrops onto my general eye area... is there a commercial product that does that? i am sick of tilting my head back. i end up just delaying and delaying until my eyes are too far gone for even 10 drops to help.

Thu, July 19, 2007 - 8:29 PM
    A cousin of mine used to work for the park and rec department and was outside all day mowing the acreage. Pollen season was really hard on her and I made her an herbal eye drop that she just loved and ended up getting requests from other employees, too. This was over 10 years ago and I forgot about it until I read this post. I'll dig for the recipe!
  • ayn
    ayn
    offline 6

Re: natural eye drops

Sat, July 21, 2007 - 3:59 PM
    I use eye drops made from a calendula tea. Simply make a steeped tea of pure distilled water, calendula flowers (organic if you can), let it cool then I put it in a bottle with a dropper. It is extremely soothing and has always cleared up any redness or itchyness. I know someone who even cleared up pink eye by using it....I love calendula, so versatle... Your eye drop recipie seems like my skin would love it, I'm going to try it as a nice refreshing summer toner maybe with some rosewater... Thanks!

Sun, July 29, 2007 - 9:08 PM
      after i use the neti pot to clear out my nose with warm sea salt water i also pur the water into each eye and blink many times. feels great.

Tue, September 25, 2007 - 7:30 AM
    How long would something like that stay sterile or fresh? I'd think at best only a couple days in the fridge and a few hours not refrigerated? Just wondering, outside of the vinegar, the rest of it sounds lovely, but being a person that's had a few eye infections in the past (and it hurts like heck!) I'd have to wonder that.

Wed, October 10, 2007 - 2:18 PM
    We use fresh Colloitral Silver that I buy at Sacredstep.com - my daughter had pink eye and at 3- and we used the Colloidal Silver as it is 100% natural and it worked beautifully. Well it is used for so many things and made fresh and correctly by this company (which our doc recomended to us online) as the company owner is a herbalist and homeopathic.

Be careful what you use in eyes, please:)

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Olive Oil instead of soap nobody 68 December 17, 2014
skin fungus kenneth 6 August 16, 2014
making lipstick Soooz: biker... 23 May 2, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 April 2, 2014