Advertisement

dry scratchy feet

topic posted Wed, October 20, 2004 - 11:38 AM by  amers
Share/Save/Bookmark
so, i have super thick callused skin on the heels of my feet is rough and scratchy.

any suggestions on how to get rid of it and keep it off? whenever i get pedicures, it comes back in a couple days. slathering them with lotion and wearing socks doesn't do any good, pumice stones just don't seem to work, and i've even tried scraping it off with the foot scraper...

i need help.
posted by:
amers
Sacramento
Advertisement
  • Re: dry scratchy feet

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 12:50 PM
    Hi... this is a problem for a lot of us... When you have gotten pedicures have they used the razor blade on you? Sometimes that can make it worse. Calluses are our bodies ways of protecting our feet from wear and tear.

Now if they are cracky what I have done is slather my feet with Vaseline and wrap them up in plastic wrap and keep em that way for a few hours. It does help a lot after a few days of treatment.

Hope this helps...

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 1:44 PM
      Coat your feet in Castor oil, put some thick socks on and your feet will be crack free in a week! I do it every night and my feet are ssoooofffttt....

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 2:17 PM
        does it get rid of the layers of dead skin too?

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 3:55 PM
          try soaking your feet in warm water and vinegar before using a pumice stone (actually, i think the fake pumice "stones" that are made of some kind of styrofoam type material work better than natural ones). pumice every time you're in the shower too. don't let those callus shaving blades near your feet, they DEFINITELY make it worse.
          • Unsu...

Re: dry scratchy feet

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 4:22 PM
            My husband has the same problem. Your feet need constant care but it's easy to forget about them because they're way down at the bottom ;) I recommend slathering them in vaseline and then wrapping them in plastic wrap after you shower too. You also need to slowly exfoliate the dead skin so you should also use a fine grain exfoliator. I use Mary Kay's Buffing Cream. You will need to do this daily for a while depending on how bad the calluses are. Don't forget though that a certain amount of hard padding is needed on your feet to prevent other problems.

Wed, October 20, 2004 - 4:45 PM
    First rub the cut 1/2 of a lemon onto each heel and rise throughly. (This step can be optional. I did this when I helped my mom's feet because her cracked heels look stained dirty--no matter how much I scrub them). Then mix salt (or brown sugar) with mashed up avocado and rub vigorously into your feet. Wrap them in plastic and a towel and put your feet up for awhile.

When you rise this off continue to rubbing the mixture into your feet until your feet are clean. This mixture should naturally exfoliate and provide some natural oils to soften the skin.
  • Re: dry scratchy feet...Henna

Wed, October 27, 2004 - 9:03 AM
    I and my husband have the same problem with our feet. We have to take care of them daily by scrubbing off the dead skin, lotions and vasaline. But I did find out by accident that henna also helps.
    After soaking them and exfoliating the skin...try henna. Then do oil and vasaline.
    During the summer when I know that I am going to be working out in the heat barefoot a lot, I henna the bottoms of my feet.
    I noticed that my calluses were not as bad when I was doin that.
    I now am doing it during the winter too for the same reason ;->
    I am not talking about doing designs but just stepping into a thin layer of henna in a tub and letting it sit there for an hour or two on the bottoms of your feet. Sew, Knit or read or meditate while you sit, then rinse, don't scrub or wash...oil, vasaline and old clean socks.
    For this you can use any henna from any Indian store as long as it is natural, it doesn't have to be the good stuff. For the good stuff, try www.castlearts.com or www.kenzi.com.
    Good luck,
    Jennifer

Fri, November 26, 2004 - 5:08 PM
    I used to have a similar problem. My feet would get so bad that they'd crack and bleed.

All the suggestions here are good, but you need to treat your body, too, so this symptom doesn't persist.

I used to take supplements of lecithin, vitamin E and flaxseed oil, but now I just take a couple EFA capsules everyday. It's made a huge difference in my skin--not just on my feet, but everywhere.

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
making lipstick Soooz: biker... 23 May 2, 2014
younger women looking for older men serena 0 April 2, 2014
how to add MSM to creams and such?... Jacklyn 17 March 11, 2014
flat tummy tatiana 1 December 5, 2013