Advertisement

Homemade Eyeliner

topic posted Tue, March 14, 2006 - 4:21 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Homemade Eyeliner - Make your own Eyeliner at home

Make your own eyeliner. Fill a clean, sterilized topper, steel or silver receptacle(diya) with pure oil (ghee). Make a wick from sterilized cotton and soak it in oil. Light the wick and keep a scrupulously clean copper vessel inverted over the top of the flame about one-third of an inch away from the burning wick. When the oil has been exhausted in the receptacle, remove the inverted vessel and you will find a thick black coating on the vessel.

Scrape and powder this well and mix it with a few drops of castor oil to from a thick paste. Place this in an air tight container. This homemade eyeliner keeps the eyes cool and puts a sparkle in them.

I liked this receipe for homemade eyeliner..I have not made it yet, because I don't have any ghee..If someone makes it let me know how it came it.

www.bestincosmetics.com/homema...ner.htm
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Homemade Eyeliner

Wed, March 15, 2006 - 11:47 AM
    Ghee is very easy to make. It's just the oil portion of butter minus the milk solids.

Take unsalted butter and melt it on the stove top without stirring, until it is just about frothing. Pour just the liquid clear part into several layers of clean dry cheesecloth (draped over neck of small jar or bowl), leaving the solids near the bottom. The clarified butter is ghee!
  • Re: Homemade Eyeliner

Mon, March 20, 2006 - 8:21 AM
    Wonder if you could just scrape off the black and apply it with a stick like kohl?

I vaguely remember reading that kohl was made something like this.

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
younger women looking for older men serena 0 April 2, 2014
how to add MSM to creams and such?... Jacklyn 17 March 11, 2014
flat tummy tatiana 1 December 5, 2013
white eyes tatiana 0 October 28, 2013