Advertisement

Skin tightening?

topic posted Mon, November 28, 2005 - 9:14 AM by  Elisabeth
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'm looking for something to tighten up loose skin on my body. I lost weight and had a baby 18 months ago...so I have belly skin that won't tighten up regardless of exercise and diet. Using a lotion with CoQ10 long term has worked really well, but for many months it seems to just keep it where it is instead of tightening further. I also use various salt scrubs in the shower.

Any suggestions?
posted by:
Elisabeth
Seattle
Advertisement
  • Re: Skin tightening?

Mon, November 28, 2005 - 9:26 AM
    May I ask which CoQ10 lotion you used that you DID get some results with?

Mon, November 28, 2005 - 9:35 AM
      Nivea CoQ10 body lotion. I also use the eye and night cream for my face and have great results! There is a big difference after a couple of weeks...my face really firms up. Whenever I slack off on using it (trips, etc.) it's obvious.

I believe it works wonders in prevention, and restoring the body's CoQ10 levels in the skin. I also take 50mg of CoQ10 in my daily supplements for its other health benefits.
  • Unsu...

Re: Skin tightening?

Mon, November 28, 2005 - 9:30 AM
    dry skin brushing

people on a diet board that have lost over 50 pounds swear by this.
    Brushing, it's not just for your hair and your teeth.

Here is some information on dry skin brushing.

Benefits:
    * TIGHTENS Skin.
    * HELPS Digestion.
    * REMOVES Cellulite.
    * STIMULATES Circulation.
    * INCREASES Cell Renewal.
    * CLEANS Lymphatic System.
    * REMOVES Dead Skin Layers.
    * STRENGTHENS Immune System.
    * IMPROVES Exchange between Cells.
    * STIMULATES the Glands, thus helping ALL of the Body Systems to perform at PEAK EFFICIENCY!

How To Do:
    1. Buy a NATURAL, NOT Synthetic, Bristle Brush, since it does NOT
    SCRATCH the Surface of the Skin.
    2. Buy a Brush with a LONG Handle, so that you're ABLE to get to the
    Areas of your Body, that are NOT EASY to reach, when doing your own Skin Brushing.
    3. Skin Brush, before Showering or Bathing, at least ONCE per day, and TWICE, if possible.
    4. Do NOT wet Skin, since it will NOT have the SAME Effect, because this stretches the Skin.
    5. ALWAYS Skin Brush towards the Heart.
    6. Do Circular Counter-Clockwise Strokes on the Abdomen.
    7. Do LIGHTER Strokes over and around Breasts, but do NOT Brush the Nipples.
    8. Brush each part of the Body several times VIGOROUSLY, COMPLETELY Brushing the WHOLE Body.
    9. Brush the Soles of the Feet FIRST, because the Nerve Endings there
    affect the WHOLE Body, next Brush the Ankles, Calves, and Thighs, then Brush across your Stomach and Buttocks and lastly Brush your Hands to the Arms.
    10. Take a WARM Bath or Shower, which should always be followed by a COOL Rinse at the end to INVIGORATE Blood Circulation and STIMULATE Surface Warmth.
    11. Wash your Brush every few Weeks in Water and let it DRY."

health10.homestead.com/

Mon, November 28, 2005 - 9:37 AM
      Yay! I'm off to buy a natural bristled brush. I've heard of this for cellulite and circulation, but it didn't occur to me that it would help with skin tightening. It's something I have tried yet, so I'll do it. ;-)

Thanks!
    • lb
      lb
      offline 3

Thu, December 7, 2006 - 10:16 AM
      I've been wanting to try this for awhile, now I'm sold! I guess you can find natural brushes at the health food store or pharmacy (I haven't bought or looked at brushes in forever - short hair, fingers are great)?

Thanks so much for the info!!

Tue, November 29, 2005 - 2:15 AM
    Caffeine-based products (or make your own with coffee/tea, etc.) and belly dancing...

Tue, November 29, 2005 - 4:35 AM
      isnt rose water suppose to tighten skin!??!
      • Unsu...

Tue, November 29, 2005 - 8:37 AM
        it makes my face skin tighter

Tue, December 5, 2006 - 12:24 PM
          hello i am posting on this thread so i can bump it up and refer to it. i wanna start dry skin brushing. i just got a brush for it.
          • Unsu...

Tue, December 5, 2006 - 1:04 PM
            i got a brush and i just started using it. but i am not sure what i am supposed to notice? so far everything seems the same. in fact, its almost a little too rough ..... but i am gonna keep it up. i can only imagine how it *must be* improving my circulation. or something.....right?
            • Unsu...

Tue, December 5, 2006 - 2:10 PM
              i am a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE dry brushing advocate! been doing it for months after someone else mentioned it in another thread a long time ago. for some reason my showers are quick and speedy in the morning after brushing, i don't feel the need to stay in there as long. my cousin has remarked how incredibly soft my skin is, that she went and bought herself a brush as well!

yes, it did feel a little rough in the beginning, not unbearable but i got used to it and now i really like the scrubby feeling. i'm so addicted to dry brushing i have three: 1 at my folks home , 1 at my home, and 1 in my travel bag.....be consistent with it.

Sun, December 10, 2006 - 4:52 AM
                Bascially, what it's describing is a form of Lymphatic Drainage, which people pay a lot of money for in a spa. There is a video or two on Amazon about it, but this is a much simplfied version. I can see why it would work, I just can't seem to get it to work for me. If you get it to work for you, you're not only de-fluffing your body, you're also clearing out toxins and waste products. Make sure you drink lots of water, and it will help speed up the process.

Sun, December 10, 2006 - 6:42 AM
    I don't think there's much research to back this, but just recently a woman who has a home business in skin care told me that I should be drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day. That's way more than two Nalgenes for me. I haven't discounted the advice. I have boosted my hydration, but still not quite to that point.

Skin brushing is great in the dry sauna, too.
    • Unsu...

Tue, December 12, 2006 - 10:24 PM
      I read this too ("half your body weight in ounces").... and so, i have been DOING this. Even tho I am peeing constantly (literally like every 25 minutes) I DO feel like its helping me clear out toxins better. That and taking vitamins/supplements.

I am still gonna continue with the dry skin brushing. my skin is actually much softer, but I thought it had to do with the oils I have been using.

Tue, December 12, 2006 - 9:18 PM
    do you have to brush all of your body, or can you just focus on the area you want to tighten? i had a baby a year ago and have a lot of loose skin on my and belly, hips.. so could i just do it around there?

Wed, December 10, 2008 - 2:44 PM
      Yes, you should always drink half your body weight in ounces, plus for every cup of diuretic you consume(alcohol, caffeinated beverages, etc.), you need to drink one and half EXTRA cups of water to make up for the extra that is lost. Also, if you exercise heavily, you beed to drink even more to make up for sweating a lot...the best way to tell if you are drinking enough water is to look at the color of your urine. Ideally, it will be clear. Yellow(dark, not bright, which is from vitamins) means you need to drink more. Oh, and don't wait until your mouth is dry to drink. You should drink frequently, and a dry mouth is a sign that you are begining to dehydrate, you want to drink before that happens! I am an average sized woman, workout most days, and drink caffeinated tea, and I drink about a gallon of water a day.

Wed, December 10, 2008 - 6:10 PM
    Hi there, I know this may sound crazy, but after 3 pregnancies and 29 years of toxic build up, I spent a week and ate nothing but raw foods--food from the earth. No dairy, no meats and no man-made anything. I did that for 5 days and the other 2 I did a juice fast. All flabbiness disappeared. It's hard work, but it's worth it.

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Olive Oil instead of soap nobody 68 December 17, 2014
skin fungus kenneth 6 August 16, 2014
making lipstick Soooz: biker... 23 May 2, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 April 2, 2014