Advertisement

can I use pure glycerin as a day cream?

topic posted Mon, January 9, 2006 - 12:26 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
My face is totally cracked and I need something stronger for healing but the sun is stronger in my city May I know if I use glycerin as a moisturazer and a explorer hat in the day is it going to burn me too much .
I wish you answer focusing in the glycerin as moisturazer

thanks
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • RJ
    RJ
    offline 92

Re: can I use pure glycerin as a day cream?

Mon, January 9, 2006 - 8:40 AM
    There is alot of mixed informaton about glycerin. Because it absorbs moisture from the environment(including your face) I read that It could also dry your skin in the long run. Do a search on the net and see what you come up with.

I would recommend that before you apply it you spray rose or lavender water on your face. Then use the glycerin to seal in the moisture. Rose is absolutely wonderful for the skin.
  • Re: can I use pure glycerin as a day cream?

Sat, January 14, 2006 - 9:32 PM
    I used to live in the desert in Arizona, and my favorite sunburn remedy was to mix aloe vera gel with a little vitamin E oil plus a few drops of lavender and peppermint essential oils. It was very healing, and did not clog up my skin the way I would expect pure glycerin to do.

Thu, January 19, 2006 - 2:53 AM
      A few years ago when I got a really bad burn I used rosewater glycerin and it healed in 2 days with NO PEELING. Absolutely amazing! It worked everywhere: nose, cheeks, forehead, hairpart, shoulders. I tried applying it on a hunch because I got the burn from doing a spokesmodelling job and had to keep working for the rest of the week, while still looking presentable, and it really fixed me up!

Mon, February 27, 2006 - 2:53 PM
    I find that glycerin on its own tends to be a bit sticky, it leaves my skin feeling tacky. Mixed with rosewater is the traditional method.
    Honey as a facial mask works wonders for healing dry cracked skin, and it is humectant.
    Shea Butter is amazing for dry cracked skin, makes a perfect day cream.

Recent topics in "homemade beauty remedies"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
skin fungus kenneth 6 August 16, 2014
making lipstick Soooz: biker... 23 May 2, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 April 2, 2014
how to add MSM to creams and such?... Jacklyn 17 March 11, 2014